OUR EMERGENCY PLAN/MOBILE SHELTERING
Pets Lifeline is Sonoma Valley’s only emergency animal shelter.
In the event of disaster, Pets Lifeline is responsible for the
welfare of all cats and dogs who have been affected and need
help and care. During the 2017 fires, we learned two important lessons:
1) Sonoma Valley can easily be cut off from the rest of the county because there are only a few routes in and out of the valley.
2) Our current building is not prepared to be self-sufficient in the event of power loss or water usage interruptions.
• Our new multi-use room will convert into a temporary co-located
emergency shelter for people and animals.
• The new vet clinic will be up and running so we can tend to injured animals.
• Our staff and dedicated volunteers will receive complete training required by the county for fast and easy integration into Sonoma County’s Emergency Program during any adverse event.
Rendering as of January 19, 2019.
Our outfitted van provides mobile emergency services and will be customized to house enough equipment to set up a mobile emergency shelter in an offsite location for over 200 animals in the event of flood, fire, earthquake and other natural disasters and emergency situations.
The increase in earned revenue from our expanded year-round classes and programs will allow us to maintain a staff that has been FEMA trained and designated members of the Sonoma County Animal Emergency Response Team. They will be ready to deploy in less than an hour to any designated safe area and set up a temporary shelter for evacuated cats and dogs.
In case of emergencies, our mobile sheltering van will operate as a command center and impromptu vet check clinic for incoming cats and dogs.